Friday, January 4, 2013

Freaking yuck.

It's Friday here in Spokane. Freezing freaking cold out. My Total Sports America is in my garage. Just sitting there. I contacted 3 people yesterday who had weight benches and weight for sale but none would part with simply the weights and I have no where to place an extra bench so........Today is my last day for trying to purchase weight cheaply. If I can find nothing then I will be buying new. Ugh.

When I was younger, I worked out a lot and could do it often with great results in gaining strength. Every where I look now tell me this will not be the case at my age. How depressing.

I did some searching about bench pressing at 40 years of age or older and there were ALOT of words like - 'be cautious', 'go slowly', 'try golf', 'injury potential'...........

Seriously.

I looked closely at myself in the mirror this morning. Freaking yuck. EVERYTHING is sagging. It looks like I am melting. I don't know if any of you have ever done the following, but DO NOT: I then jumped up and down a little. I need to erase the image from my mind somehow. I wonder if my wife ever thinks the same thing when she sees my droopy body sagging across the floor; Freaking yuck.

I don't care if the words I had found were 'Causes Immediate death' or 'fatal'.

I am doing this.

No comments: