Sunday, January 6, 2013

More Ingredients....

This is not going to be easy! Today I purchased a Weider adjustable bench from Walmart. Got it home and assembled it. It is frustratingly flimsy. It is nice in that it adjust incline, flat, decline etc - but states in the instructions that it should not be used for any weight lifting operations exceeding 300 pounds. This is user and weights total. So I would be able to safely press 40 pounds without exceeding the Weider limits. So if you are looking to do sit ups, or read a book, this is perfect. But if you are doing something amazingly amazing, like bench pressing 400 pounds - then this IS NOT the bench to use. 

One bump after another.

Then....

I just finished browsing Craigslist and voila! Some guy in the valley is selling basically his entire workout suite. He has a gym quality 1000 pound capacity adjustable bench, a 300 pound Olympic weight set and is asking 200 for both.

Just emailed him. It would be perfect. Haven't heard back. The pessimist in me says he will reply 'sold' or 'sorry man, that was a typo, the 2 was supposed to be a 5' **UPDATE** - I think I am going to be the proud owner of all the ingredients needed to start this journey by tomorrow!

We'll see. I will be writing about the science behind actually getting a body to develop into something that can achieve a 400 pound bench press in my next entry later tonight or tomorrow. Something I have been studying in great detail the past week. I have my Low T doctors appointment tomorrow. Maybe I will wait and write about all of it tomorrow after the appointment.


No comments: