Thursday, January 10, 2013

No thank you very much.

I wonder how many times Arnold felt like I do as I write this. Did he feel like, somewhere in the middle of the night, a very little man or woman climbed into his body and cut about an inch from each muscle and tied them back together.

Like this little muscle seamstress decided to hem everything? Did Arnold have a muscle seamstress that would occasionally make his life very unsettling? I imagine he did. There is NO WAY he got looking like this picture without a visit from the seamstress.

I woke up this morning and went to un-flop the covers and that is when I realized the outcome of my last 2 days of bench pressing.

My triceps have been replaced with chunks of burning metal. My shoulders complained at the slightest movement. My chest is amazingly tender to the touch, and for some reason my big toes hurt.

So I stood up and moved around. Slow motion like the Matrix. Trying to loosen things. But no. This is actually a thing. It is called Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness (DOMS). While there are ways to reduce this, think Ibuprofen, hot pads, cold pads, vitamin C; there is nothing to truly correct this affliction except........ time and the craziness in the next paragraph.........

One thing is apparently agreed upon, almost all of the articles I found from numerous respected sites and resources claim the 'hair of the dog that bit ya' defense. It is important to get blood flowing back to the area of damage. The areas that have been ripped apart during lifting. This is best accomplished by working out again.

VERY LIGHTLY.

So I did. And %#$@%^#&^@$$@^#&#$#$@^@&&#$$%$#^@&.

I loved every minute of it.

Tomorrow is Friday the 11th of January 2013. I am excited to actually be on this journey to bench 400 pounds by the time I am 45 years old.

Will I give up? No thank you very much.



2 comments:

Fiona Apple said...

Arnold was a steroid using fraud!!! Do it naturally and you will have earned yours!!!

Anonymous said...

ARNOLD IS NO FRAUD YOU IDIOT! This man worked his ass off to grow. Youtube Arnold workout and see how intensely he pushed his body.