Monday, January 7, 2013

Turn to 400 degrees.....

There is nothing stopping me now. I cannot complain about not having all the ingredients anymore. Today I found 300 pounds of weight from a retired teacher off of Little Spokane Drive. The bench I have is still iffy, but I am not going to let that stop me from getting started.

Speaking of getting started. Where does one begin when the goal is to be able to bench press 400 pounds? Do I simply start doing as many presses with as much weight as I can; Like a caveman? Or does this have to a methodical, logical, planned approach. Considering my advanced age, hair loss and possible low testosterone levels.

Speaking of low testosterone levels.... I did have my appointment with my female doctor today. The front desk lady asked what I was being seen for...... 'Um, just some questions about how I am feeling.'

The nurse, while taking my blood pressure asked what I was seeing the doc for, 'Um, just some questions about how I have been feeling.'

I do not know why I feel so secretive about my issue. The doctor was amazingly awesome. She talked over not only how low T could be the cause of my current Blah-ness, but discussed how it may well be other underlying issues as well and the full set of blood work I am going to have on Friday will reveal all. Like the ark of the covenant. I wonder if when she opens the results a bright light will emerge?


My TSA 2000 - Ready and waiting.
So back to my getting started. This is a picture of my Total Sports America 2000 with 90 pounds of weight applied. You'll notice how it is placed in a very dark and grungy part of the garage. Just like I want it. I will call this my laboratory. 

All of my life I have been a gym user. Lifting and pressing and lifting and curling.... Never really with any true tactic other than to make myself look good with my shirt off. It occasionally worked and I did, at one point in my life, have a pretty cool physique. That, of course, is no longer the case. Please realize that my goal here is not to tone and define so when I remove my shirt women turn heads in awe, my goal is to methodically progress my ability to bench press more and more weight with a final outcome of 400 pounds.

I Googled many key terms, 'bench pressing a lot of weight', 'how to increase your bench press', 'how to bench press 400 pounds', 'Betty White'

I Googled Betty White because I think she is sexy.

Anyway, this returned about 500,000,000 different ways to improve your bench press.

So...... forget Google. I have an old book that I read from cover to cover when I was like 18. It is called 'Arnold's Bodybuilding for Men' and I think it is still considered the Bodybuilding Bible. It talks about super-setting, pressing to fatigue and it is still one of the few books that demand patience from someone trying to increase muscle mass and the ability to lift or bench more. I will be reading this over the next few days. 

You know what I need? I need Arnold's email address. Anyone have it?

Tomorrow I start. I do know that I need to take a couple of days of light/numerous reps. I need to awaken my muscle fibers. I need to let them know that something big is coming.

PS: Thanks to all who have contacted me and given encouragement and said nice things about this blog so far. I hope others will set a crazy goal and work as a community to achieve great things!





No comments: