Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"Oh rest ye merry pectorals, to grow you must restore..." How long does one have to wait before benching again!?!?!?!

A blessing and a curse. Within 35 seconds I could have plated weights and be benching to my hearts desire. It is so close. Right in the garage. Many times I have placed my hand on the door leading to the garage and paused, dramatic, like in the soap operas. I musn't.

It's hard not to. Every cell in me is crying to enter the lab.... but to what end? At least when I was actually having to drive to the gym I could easily put it off. Too far. Other stuff to do. Don't really feel like having to deal with the cutouts who stand, holding up the equipment, checking out the other equipment.

This guy is in every gym.
"ARE YOU DONE USING THAT!?!?"
"No man, have 2 more sets. Wanna work in with me?"
"Yeah, no."

Almost all of the information I find online, claim you should wait 5-7 days between heavy bench presses.

WHAT THE? Do I have to change my routine? Am I on the wrong track with this pyramiding 5 day a week plan? I am starting to feel I am. If I am not giving my chest full repair time, I am wasting my time. And yours.

So, over the next day, I am going to create a routine that will allow ultimate rest and repair for each body part I am destroying. Because I am completely deliriously serious about reaching a 400 pound bench press, I need to start doing my homework and being smart about this.

Ugh.




4 comments:

Maximillian said...

1 body part heavy per day. That gives each body part a 5-6 day rest period. Although working some body parts will work others by association, this system has worked for me perfectly. I see maximum growth potential when doing this. Be patient and let the doorknob go!!!!!!

Bonzai said...

There is being smart and there is simply lifting heavy weights and letting your body be smart. It will regenerate on its own. You over-think this and you will think yourself out of success. Enjoy working out. Turn the handle on the door.

Devon said...

Just bench and bench and bench. Your pecs are a huge muscle and will repair at there leisure. Rest is a cop-out!

RickyRick said...

I hate that guy in every gym. I want to punch him in the balls because he is hogging the lat pull down. It's always at the lat pull down bar. Fucker.